Electronic seat/berth reservation and electronic production of travel documents - General regulations
IRS 90918-0 contains the general regulations for the electronic reservation of seats/berths and the electronic production of travel documents. It is supplemented by the following IRS and leaflets:
- IRS 90918-1 which deals with the procedures for exchanging reservation messages,
- Depreciated: UIC Leaflet 918-2 which describes the standard applicable to all the transport documents produced electronically.
- Depreciated: UIC Leaflet 918-3 which describes the standard for home print tickets.
- IRS 90918-8 which describes the standard applicable to ticket layouts.
- IRS 90918-9 which describes the standard applicable to digital security elements for tickets.
The regulations contained in these leaflets enable a railway undertaking (RU) to reserve seats/berths in an inventory which is managed by another RU and to issue travel documents (in particular reservation tickets and combined tickets) produced electronically from data transmitted by the electronic system of another RU.
- Ed. no.2
- Edition date
- Publication date
- Page number
- Infrastructure Security